Thursday, December 2, 2010

Expanding our Blog Box

Over the course of this year, I have had the opportunity to speak to many women through the Women, Work & Community network, as well as through other venues. One of the things that comes up periodically is the 2010 Progress Blog that Mandy and I have been working on for the past year. This blog has been an invaluable tool for my confidence and organization. It’s similar to having a work-out partner. There is somebody else who keeps me accountable. I let others know how that kind of support helps to push me forward. And, the lists, the lists that keep us on task and keeps our sights set on the goals we set.

Hey, Mandy!

What if we expand our blog and put it out there? Offer other women a place to find encouragement, and to give encouragement; to write about their accomplishments and their failures; to allow others to learn from them and to learn from others the way you and I have done. The idea behind this blog was to move forward on dreams and aspirations we had put off due to our own internal restrictions. I think we could encourage others to do the same. We don’t have to be confined in these small, square compartments we think we belong in, or others tell us we belong in.

Do you think there is a need, a niche we could fill? Maybe we could be the next big thing in blogging. Smile

1 comment: