Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Progress Report 26 - Half Way?!

How can we be half way through the year already?! Unbelievable. I was just looking over my list from the beginning of the year and have realized how much my priorities have changed in just six months. I am also feeling a bit forlorn at the thought that maybe I overreached in my list. Perhaps I have only lost my focus, but how to get it back, is the question. I don't feel as though my desires are any different, but the energy it takes to keep up the pace seems to be leaving me.
What have I accomplished in six months from my 2010 list?
  1. Write a business plan for Designed by Row - I took a couple of seminars which pointed me in the right directions, but haven't actually done a formal plan. I have also read a couple of books that, I feel, were more of a benefit to the actual running of DbR.
  2. Plan a trip to Scotland for spring 2011 - Haven't done a thing. Too depressing at the moment. This type of trip will probably have to be put off for a few years.
  3. Complete 2 semesters of classes - I think I have killed this idea. I spent a year trying to complete one semester and didn't hit that goal. Now I am overdue and screwed.
  4. Complete renovations of studio and move in - Interior renovations are complete and I am working out of the studio now. The outside has not been done yet, but hopefully before winter.
  5. Pay off my computer - not even close
  6. Pay off my credit card - nope
  7. Take a family vacation - It's not looking good for this one either, but perhaps late summer.
  8. Plant cedar hedges - Not happening this year.
  9. Bring in regular freelance or web income - What I failed to realize when I was writing this list, was that if this one came to fruition, I would have very little time for everything else. However, I have had some regular work coming in. Not a lot, but it is steady.
  10. Wainscoting and new paint for my kitchen - I definitely have not given up on this one. It takes money, which has been a bit hard to come by lately.
My goal for the next half of the year is to try to stay focused. I am too easily discouraged and part of growing my box is to break away from old habits that hold me back. The negative self-talk has got to stop. Life is what I make it. Obviously I need to get back to posting more often as it will help keep moving forward and not just treading water.

1 comment:

  1. If you feel the need to revise your list... Go for it! A new list, a new focus. When priorities change it's counterproductive to keep heading in the same direction if it's the wrong direction. You take the reins and lead your life where you want it to go!

    ReplyDelete