Monday, October 4, 2010

Progress Report 39

Though I hadn't planned to do much last week, it was very productive. I cleaned, I rested, I canned apple pie filling, and I did some yard work.

I also set up my first meeting with a prospective client for The Occasional Housewife which takes place today at 4:00pm. With the help of Katie, I found a home for the stray kitten who's been hanging out on our front porch, and I located a building for my chicken coop. Not only did I locate it, but I purchased it, had it delivered and set up. So now I have a home for my chickens! I also have a good lead on some chain link fence that will hopefully be purchased and picked up this evening. And on top of all of that, we picked up the hardware and tools needed to fix up the swing set for the kids. Half of it is up and functioning already.

We also went to the ReStore this week to check things out. What a fabulous store! It's a store for Habitat for Humanity. They take donated used or slightly damaged building materials, furniture, hardware and such from the local population as well as from stores like Home Depot and Lowes. They resell the goods for 50% or more off retail price and all the proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity. Doors for $3-$10. Shutters for $3.99 a pair. Ceramic tile for .75 /sq.ft. Furniture and appliances for $10 -$25. We will definitely be visiting again.

This week will be productive as well, I hope. I plan to paint the chicken coop. I found Oops paint at Walmart for 50% off and it's the color that I wanted. I have at least one skirt to make this week, and a couple more soon. I will be meeting a potential client and hopefully scheduling her in. I need to make a trip to the bank, hopefully open an account at the credit union, and get the car into the mechanic. Busy. But I really hope I can get it all done.

This week I will:
  1. Sew skirt
  2. Paint chicken coop
  3. Meet client
  4. Take car to mechanic
  5. Open bank account
  6. Find fencing, windows, flooring for chicken coop

No comments:

Post a Comment