Monday, October 25, 2010

Progress Report 42

What a whirlwind of a week! I started the week off with a bang by becoming part of the Northern Maine Bridal EXPO committee. I believe it will be good exposure and good networking. I have created their logotype, which will used on everything from TV to swag bags. I have received good reviews from the rest of the committee as well. Tuesday, I completed the fourth proof, and received the go ahead immediately, with minimal additions, but no design changes. The rest of the week flew by. With Mandy's help, I ended up wrapping up the Vendor Blender stuff late Friday night. I think it was all worth it. Mandy and I spent the day networking and talking with people who were in need of my services. I actually seemed to be the busiest table there. I had visitors stopping at my table as well as most of the other vendors. It was a fantastic first experience at being part of a trade show. I was very glad that Mandy was with me. She was my moral support and subtle "hinter." It was also awesome to have been able to spend some time with the kiddos too.

Sunday was a difficult day. It was a dramatic turn from the positive energy of Saturday. First thing Sunday we lost one of the puppies. It was bound to happen. I was actually surprised that it hadn't happened sooner. It was the littlest of the batch. He just failed. J and I have been struggling with what to do with Sally over the last couple of months. Yesterday the decision was made and Sally-O is no longer in pain. It broke my heart, but J had the difficult job. He placed her with Grampy, Gram and JoJo. I am sad, but as a pet owner, these are the decisions we have to make sometimes. We will not be replacing her.

This week needs to be client focused. I have to follow all of the leads that I made on Saturday, including quotes. I am excited and anxious at the same time. Consistency will be the name of the game.
  1. Complete requested quotes and rates
  2. Contact non-winners with special offer
  3. Rework NMMS logo
  4. Meetings with clients Tues & Wed
  5. Business photo session & client meeting on Saturday
  6. Contact potential vendors for Bridal EXPO
  7. Try to make planned meals each evening

No comments:

Post a Comment