Monday, September 27, 2010

Progress Report 38

It's Monday. I feel like I should be doing something. I was so busy last week (mostly with preparations for Ella's birthday party) that I feel like I've forgotten something today. I can't imagine what though.

The birthday party went very well. Ella was a princess and in her glory with little girls running around wanting to play with her and take part in the activities. We made fans from paper doilies, had a dress-up relay race, and feather boas for all the little girls. Two of her friends spent the night before the party. It was exciting for her but very tiring. By the time things were winding down Saturday afternoon, little Ella was ready for it to all be over.

Sunday afternoon we took Ella out shopping with the birthday money she received. She is a very good, efficient shopper. Before the day was over, she had spent every last cent, but I was pleased with her purchases. She bought 2 new shirts and 2 new skirts, an outfit and accessories pack for her new baby doll, and a BIG pack of gum (her favorite past time).

So, today I'll be doing some laundry, dishes, and canning. I picked apples last week with Katie and the kids. I've got to put up some more apple sauce and apple pie filling.

On a side note: I've had two contacts this week for The Occasional Housewife. It's a good feeling to see real progress on something that was just a concept a few months ago.

This week I will:

  1. Rest
  2. Clean
  3. Can
  4. Do yard work

No comments:

Post a Comment