Friday, April 9, 2010
Nobody Likes Me
Guess I'll go out and eat worms... :) Yesterday, Geoffrey, Ella, and I dug worms for 2 1/2 hours. A strangely addicting experience. Whenever we thought we were done, the thought of "just one more" kept us going. Our friend Katie sells worms to fishermen at the end of her driveway and talked Geoffrey into going into the business for himself. $3.00 a bag for 40+ worms. I'm sure we picked over 1000 worms. If they sell, that's $75 for Geoffrey which equals $30/hour. Pretty good rate for an 8 yr old! Of course Ella and I helped too, so Geoffrey has agreed to pay Ella a few dollars from the first few bags sold. And I will chalk it up to capital investment and hope that Geoffrey learns a lesson in good work ethic. He has also agreed to pay me $4.00 for any additional trips to the "worm field" which is about 30 miles round trip. Geoffrey will be busy today, making a sign and bagging his worms for sale. I will be ordering my new chicks. Easter Eggers, Barred Plymouth Rocks, and Buff Orpingtons. Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment