Happy Birthday to Me!! 33 years young. Feeling good. Working hard. Moving forward.
It is funny that Mandy was waiting for me to post so she could make the 100th entry. She deserves to make that entry, as I hadn’t even noticed we had written so many. I actually periodically check to see if she has posted, because once she does, then I feel the pressure to write one myself. Foolish procrastination. I actually feel pretty good this time as I will be posting numbers 100 and 101, back to back.
I am so proud of where Mandy and I have gotten to this year. There have been some major hurtles, but it feels as though we are both stronger and more confident because of them. A year ago, I never would have seen myself as a Women Work and Community Ambassador, teaching others, being a community leader. Or being asked to be part of a major Bridal EXPO due to my graphic abilities. Having young up-and-comers referred to me for advice and direction would have been unthinkable. A year ago the idea of making DbR a real entity was a dream. I am watching as it solidifies before my eyes and I am in awe.
Mandy had some of the biggest upheavals happen this year, and yet, she has persevered. She had an idea for a business, and due to circumstance, has made it a reality. I know we will end this year with a tremendous momentum that will easily carry us into next year.
Mandy, here’s to 100 posts. Love you, Sis. Thanks for being my companion in this journey together.
I can hardly put together what I have been doing for the past week. It’s been so hectic. I have managed to get my schedule transferred to Google calendar. My poor day planner was running out of room, though I won’t give it up completely. It has become like a security blanket. Since doing that over the weekend, I have been able to get some checks in place so that nobody falls through the cracks. I have completed all of the quotes that I had assigned myself to do, on time. There are a couple more to do, and some quick follow-up emails before the weekend. I finished NMMS logo to the client’s complete satisfaction. Met with two clients last week and had four meetings on Saturday. I am starting to feel like a real business. I am jazzed and full of positive energy.
I didn’t get everything done last week, but have made the conscious decision to move them onto this weeks list, as I think they are important enough.
- Finish up two more quotes
- Schedule client meeting for next week
- Begin design work on a couple of projects
- Contact non-winners with biz card deal
- Contact possible bridal expo vendors
- Get window fixed in house (finally)
- Prep for next weeks travel and vacation
Happy Birthday!! I am also so glad we decided to make this journey together. Sharing ideas and supporting each other has been a huge help in our growth this year.
ReplyDelete