Monday, November 29, 2010

Progress Report 47

Let’s see, what did I accomplish last week? Oh, that’s right, I made it through with most of my sanity still in tact.

Monday I was asked to be part of a radio interview for Women Work and Community. I was nervous, but think it went really well, just the same. Spent the morning at work, went to the interview and then home. I was in no mood to put up with MMA. Tuesday, kind of foggy on that day. Wednesday, worked, baked a pie, did some other stuff.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. I got up, baked another pie, had dinner at J’s parents house, then packed Ari in the car, made sure Z had all of his stuff in his car and headed south; south to sanity. Z decided to head back to So. China early to avoid a nasty winter storm headed in. Being so new to driving on his own, we all felt it was best to get him home safely.

I had such a nice time Thursday evening. I finally got to meet my new niece, M’iah. She was happy and sweet and perfectly cuddly. I needed that. I also got to visit with Uncle Bob, Auntie, John, Mike, Rachel and Rachel’s mom. We ate pie, and played games, just like the old days. It was a happy evening.

Friday opened with Black Friday shopping bright and early. I found it wasn’t as bad as I had heard it would be. I enjoyed being out with my girl and my dear sister so much. Ari had a great time and that was the whole point. She came back with bags of stuff and broke; a successful shopping trip! I think my favorite part of the day was sitting quietly on the couch with Mandy, Little Women playing in the background, taking turns leaning on each other, that evening. I think we were both dozing and just enjoying the company. I wasn’t ten minutes from her front door, Saturday morning, and I was missing her.

Sunday, I made up for lost time and got a huge DbR project completed. Service First Auto now has a sign on the front of its building and a two-sided sign in their shop waiting for a frame to be built for it. I also started their business card design, finished some branding work for another client and designed a Christmas card for my brother. It was a good day.

  1. Bridal EXPO meeting Monday night
  2. Purchase laptop for MMA GFC
  3. Bridal EXPO vendor hunting
  4. Layout DbR shop sign
  5. Update website and FB page
  6. Finish two blog entries that I have started
  7. Figure out a way to pay some bills *sigh*
  8. Try to catch up on some house work

No comments:

Post a Comment