Another crazy week, but very exhilarating. I spent Monday in Augusta at a state wide Ambassadors meeting for Maine Center for Women Work and Community. I was impressed by the energy that those women, and one man, exuded, and I was part of it. I even got up in front of everyone and did a small presentation. I was told I was a good speaker by somebody I had only met that day. She went out of her way to speak to me, just to pay me a compliment. I was floating. I am also surprised to find that I enjoyed it. I enjoyed being in front of 50 people, sharing information, and having them eagerly listening. I even got a few laughs, which was never my intention, but happened seamlessly. Maybe I have found where I will make the biggest difference; my hook.
On Tuesday I spent the morning at Penmor Lithographers, a print shop out of Lewiston. It is a large facility that offers a very wide variety of printing options. They don’t have a design staff, but some of their pre-press people design prototypes of boxes and packaging. I felt, again, I was where I belonged. I was able to converse easily with the owners of the company as they showed me around. Because of my experience with Northeast Publishing, I understood what the equipment did and what questions to ask. I was told more than once that it was nice to speak with a designer who knew the back side of the printing process.
I drove to Bangor and had lunch with Mandy, Eric and the kids. It was so nice to see them again, though the time flew by and before I knew it, it was time to head north again. I always feel my roots when I am around them. I can't wait to go back down for Black Friday Shopping with Arianna. Ok, so maybe not looking forward so much to the actual shopping and lines, but spending time with Mandy and the kids.
The last three days have been a whirlwind of running Arianna to her drama practices, finishing quotes and starting some of the projects that have been in the wings. Friday is opening night for Ari’s play, and I will be there, where I should be, cheering her on and taking far too many photos, in her opinion.
It has been a great week. I feel refreshed and have a new energy for DbR. Unfortunately I have to go back to MMA on Monday. I am trying not to think about it, as it will distract me from what I have to complete this weekend.
- Complete design for Bartley b.cards
- Finish typing notes from the WWC meeting for the local meeting on Thursday morning.
- Work on SMP’s branding items
- Clean the house
- Find homes for some puppies
No comments:
Post a Comment