Monday, February 8, 2010

Progress Report 5

Wow! Is it week 5 already?? It feels like I just wrote out week 4's list. Just where does the time go? In any case, I tried very hard to stay focused last week. But to be honest, I didn't really do anything until Thursday. Wednesday was my birthday, so I took the day off from responsibilities and went shopping instead. (After I posted my list of 30 Things.) Thursday I started working on cleaning the kitchen and my desk. I got it mostly done and left it. Friday I had to devote to my husbands projects, although Geoffrey did work hard on his science project that day. Then came Super Saturday! That's the day that Row and I pick up the slack and try to cram everything in. I analyzed the work I had done already and wondered if it was enough to get by. Should I cross the kitchen and desk off my list and work on other things? I decided no. It was not what I had envisioned it to be so I bit the bullet and kept going. I finished those projects and cleaned out the toy room also. So all in all, I did everything except post another article to my affiliate site.

Not writing that article sparked another thought. Is it okay to not completely finish our lists? We are trying to be accountable. We are trying to be diligent. We are trying to become what we are not. So the answer is... yes! Of course it is okay to not complete everything on our lists! We are trying to create more freedom for ourselves, not enslave ourselves to a list. Life happens and part of breaking out of this box is so we can enjoy life more. The point of 2010 Progress is not to be shackled by one more responsibility, but to stay focused on the things that are really important to us. Just keep moving forward!

So in the spirit of Progress, here is next week's list:

  1. Renew driver's license (oops :)
  2. Help Geoffrey complete science fair project
  3. Get brakes fixed on E's car
  4. Get organizers for the pantry
  5. Scrub bathrooms
  6. Put $$ towards fixing my car
  7. Write article for affiliate site

No comments:

Post a Comment