Monday, February 1, 2010

Progress Report 4

By now I typically would have started slacking off from any New Year's resolutions made. I actually felt it coming on as this past week progressed. I heard myself making excuses and becoming rather blah about my progress. I looked back at the past few weeks and thought about the point to this blog and the conversations Mandy and I have had. Her article on accountability really kicked me in the rear as well. She is depending on me to keep up my end of the bargain. Heck, I'm depending on me to keep it up as well. The things I plan are for my benefit. I am the one who will pay for any slacking. So, I took a fresh look at my list for this week and dove in. I am very pleased to say that I accomplished far more than I had intended. That's the power of breaking out of the box.

Mandy is proofing my article as I type this now. I'll put it out for publication this afternoon. I completed one assignment in my class and began Chapter 4. The homework for my workshop today is almost ready, and will be before I leave. I didn't have time to do a new promotional piece, but it wasn't required for the class. It is something that I should do for myself soon, though. I did finish watching Module 1, completed Module 2 and started in on Module 3 of MMO. And, I put a new post on my website. In addition to completing my list I also pulled all the ceiling tiles out of the studio and began ripping out the insulation. That is not a fun job, as mice have been the primary residents for some years now. But, it's well worth it to see more progress happening in the building. I also bought my gas fireplace for 50% off it's original price. It won't be long now and J will take over for rewiring and then new windows, door, lighting..... Yay! It is really happening.

List for week 5:
  1. Complete one assignment in my class.
  2. Finish Module 3 in MMO.
  3. Rip out more insulation.
  4. Replace the header on my website.
  5. Start coming up with little blurbs for my services page.
  6. Write another article.

No comments:

Post a Comment