This morning I had already planned out all of the things that I wanted to accomplish today. I was just getting into the swing of things when a friend called. A bunch of them were all going shopping and wanted to know if I wanted to go. Did I? Yes. But I said no thanks. I quickly thought of the stress added to tomorrow if I went shopping and left all of my other activities undone. I would have enjoyed today a lot had I gone out with the girls, but I'll enjoy tomorrow a lot more because I didn't. And actually, I'm very happy today with all of the things I've accomplished and proud of myself for making the right choice!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Just Say No
I know it's cliche, but it's a good one! There really is freedom in saying "no." The best reason to say no is for the purpose of avoiding stress. If you have too much on your plate already, it's better to not commit to anything more. But saying No isn't just good for new commitments. It's also good for helping you keep the commitment you already have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment