Saturday, January 2, 2010

The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

As Row and I chatted on FB about our goals and aspirations for the new year and the rest of our lives, I became very excited. I wanted something exciting to do for the first day of the new year! The day I think of as "the first day of the rest of my life." I settled on painting my cabinets in my kitchen. I've been meaning to do it for a long time. I had even bought the paint about 6 months ago. It was a project that I could start and finish in one day. Perfect!

Row is a graphic designer. She's been slowly transitioning into working full time at home for a little while. For now, she still works a day job, but plugs away at breaking into a business of her own. She lives in rural northern Maine but the specifications of her work doesn't require a physical populace. The joys of working online! Anyway, she was given a workshop that sits on the edge of her property that used to belong to our grandfather. He used it for wood working, Row will be transforming it into a studio. In it's current state, the shop sits as an eerie mausoleum of sawdust and bits of wood. But Row will breathe new life into it and again it will produce creative art, just using a different medium. Our grandfather would approve.

Row decided to spend the first day of 2010 working to clean out and transform her new studio. Then we agreed to send a Progress report with pictures at the end of the day to see our accomplishments. Here are the results:

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE














AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment