Thursday, December 31, I was chatting with my sister via Facebook. (She's 150 miles away.) We were discussing how we'd like to break out of the box of conventional thinking. I'd posted Einstein's quote, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Each person's reality is only what they make it. The biggest problem is that most of us don't believe we will ever be more than what we are now.
Anyway, I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. They don't work. But I posed the question to my sister, Row, "What are 10 things you want to do in 2010?" It took some time but she punched out 10 things that she'd like to do. Some very vague, but at least giving it some thought. I wrote out my list... a little more specifically.
1. See Pacific ocean
2. Fly
3. Quit my job
4. Make $50/day online
5. Lose 15 lbs
6. Paint my house
7. Pay off my car
8. Hike the Ecotat gardens
9. Shop in Freeport, ME
10. Start an IRA or get $1000 in savings
Row decided to revise her list to make the goals a little more attainable. Then we made an oath that we would try, in the New Year, to keep each other accountable pertaining to our 2010 list. "Progress is the name of the game," Row typed. And so it is.
2010 Progress:
How two sisters broke out of the box of conventional thinking
and became what they always wanted to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment