Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Great Start to 2010!

New Year's resolutions seldom work, that has been proven. So, I don't make them. I usually look at the new year a bit disheartened by the thought that I will be in the same job, doing the same things I have been doing for years. This year, this decade, will be different. Chatting with Miranda on the last day of 2009 was simply inspirational. Who holds us in these boxes we create for ourselves? Why can't I be one of those people who explores my potential, my country or the world? Well, I can be that person. I can be the person I want to be and do the things I want to do. I have found a powerhouse of energy and support in my sister and best friend. Together we will conquer our walls and move forward. Progress is the name of the game and our mantra for 2010 and beyond.

Days one and two of 2010 were extremely productive for me. Miranda posted pics from January 1, but I was right back at it on January 2. My husband, J, and I pulled down the sheet rock and removed the shelves and benches from three of the walls. Well, J did most of the demolition, but I was right there filling trash bags and sweeping. When we called it a day, one wall remained to be pulled down. Unfortunately, it has three thrash cans full of debris and most of the odds and ends that need to be saved piled in front of it. Our next step will be to remove these things, place them in the shed for temporary storage or find them a permanent home. This will have to wait until next weekend as I have other items that need to be attended to today.

Together, Miranda and I will continue to reach for the perfectly attainable goals we have set for ourselves in 2010. Again, these are not New Year's resolutions, but small steps to opening our lives up to the experiences we want to enjoy. Watch out world, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment