I started this week with fantastic intentions, but came down with the flu Tuesday and pretty much put me under for the majority of the week. Thankfully, I had already unpacked the kids, cleaned the kitchen and started in on the laundry on Monday. Of course, all my hard work was quickly undone by my lack of presence for the next few days. C'est la vie! I'm back at it again this week.
Unfortunately, my sickness also made it impossible to take the kids to 4-H last week. They were very disappointed, but understood since I was moaning in pain and had a bucket close at all times. I also decided that cleaning my sewing desk was very low priority once I got my feet under me again. Catching up with life was more important.
Friday was a fabulous day... mostly. I was feeling quite a bit better, so I went to work with some enthusiasm to catch my slack for the previous days of just doing enough to get by. When I got my pay stub back home, I noticed that I had been overpaid by almost double for the previous week's work! Thinking there was an error, I called my boss right away. No error. My boss appreciated that I had done some extra work and looked after their house and cat while they were on vacation so she had added several hours as a Thank You! What a blessing! It will definitely help with getting my car paid off early and its repairs.
After that, I realized that there was a package sitting on the couch. I asked Eric about it, since the return address had be ripped off. He told me to open it. It was the Financial Peace University kit that I had been hoping to buy this week! Eric had bought if for us as a surprise. I don't know if he really realizes how much that meant to me. But it helped us start talking about money and work on a budget Saturday, which marks another item off my list!
Friday night we decided to go out for dinner. Since I still haven't renewed my license (shame on me), Eric was driving. It was dark and rainy and he didn't see the slight shift in lanes and hit the curb. Hard. Whammo! Two flat tires. Now honestly. Who else does stuff like this happen to? Eric put our one spare on the car while we stood in the rain, and then a friend of ours let us borrow their spare until we could buy another tire the next day. But on the average, it was a good day! :)
I know this post is long, but I also wanted to say how overwhelmed I am at the progress Row is making with her studio! I can just feel that when it's done, it will sprout wings on its own and her business will take flight! I'm happy for you, Row! And today, being Grampy's birthday, he would be proud of you too!
This week I want to:
- Fine tune the budget
- Start the envelope system
- Go grocery shopping
- Send car payment
- Listen to the next 2 FPU lessons
No comments:
Post a Comment