Saturday, March 27, 2010

Progress Report 11 & 12 & A Map With No Street Names

Sometimes that's what life feels like. I think I'm headed in the right direction and suddenly I don't know where I am anymore.

Last week was very busy. I had a large load of responsibility heaped on me for our Sunday school drive and spend much of last week pounding my head against a wall, trying to get some more ideas. My parents arrived Monday evening with a friend and dogs in tow an hour before our Pastor's wife and visiting preacher, Bobbie Wendell came for dinner. The day was very busy, very stressful, but ended well. Tuesday was 4-H with the kids. They had so much fun, like always. Wednesday, I stressed to try to get the first skit for SOC done before the evening service. At the end of the evening, the SS superintendent decided that we'd do a slide show the first week and save the skits for the weeks following. ~sigh of relief~ Thursday, Bill, my parents' friend, was released from the hospital, so they all went home. The rest of the day was spent cleaning and disinfecting. Friday I had a SS party with my teen class while Eric spent the evening with the SS superintendent going over pictures for the slide show. Saturday we decided to have a yard sale that ultimately flopped because it was only about 32 degrees outside even though it was sunny.

I'm leery of making a new list because sometimes humongous situations rise up and change the course of life. Like a massive pimple that suddenly grows out of your face and changes the way the whole world looks.

Anyway, here goes...

1. Keep priorities straight.
2. Call about my car.
3. Work up Easter SS lesson.
4. Work on next skit.
5. Sew those stupid skirts!
6. Listen to the next FPU lesson.

I'm not sure what next week will bring. I'm hoping for good news. But am bracing myself for whatever comes. Try me. I have big shoulders. I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment