Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dirt

It's the title of a song by Mary Mary. Its about a garden and how beautiful it looks, but underneath it all is just dirt. A line in the song catches my attention every time.
Life at times can make you weak, and I have cried myself to sleep. 'Cause reality makes you cry, but the truth will dry your eyes. Things: they just can't stay the same when you work hard and you pray. It may be kind of tough now but the point I'm trying to make is we all need a little bit of dirt to grow.
Two things that will get you through life's struggles every time! Hard work and Prayer.

It seems that these two work together exclusively. I've known people who work hard every day of their life and never seem to get ahead. Then I've known people who are constantly praying for God to get them out of their mess but don't think they need to do anything about it personally. Neither approach seems to work very well independently.

Since the beginning of May when I started thinking of going into business for myself, I've been working hard at learning how to have a great business. I have changed my mindset about my housekeeping job since the beginning of the month and started thinking of my employer as a client instead of my boss. It's funny, but I work harder knowing that my reputation is now on the line rather than just my employment. I've been thinking of how my work can be a witness of my integrity and my beliefs. Today I was rewarded with a 10% raise!

Work hard. Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment