Monday, May 17, 2010

Progress Report 19

I had a great week last week! I completed nearly everything on my list with the highlight definitely being my trip north! The time management class in Presque Isle was surprisingly helpful and fun. It was not what I had expected, but it was a great added bonus to my visit. It set the tone for the rest of the day where Row and I got to discuss priorities, business, time, finance and self-improvement all as how they pertained to our families, goals, values, and ourselves. Though I was only there for a day and a half, I didn't feel rushed or anxious. It was exactly the visit I'd hoped to have.

I finally saw Row's new shop with my own eyes. It reflects her personality, and tastes but more than that, it radiates the love and care of her precious dreams and the heart of her future. I had the privilege to witness Row as she worked. I couldn't help but note the way she spoke of her equipment as if they were living things to be cared for carefully. I saw how skillfully she worked the hand tools as if they were extensions of herself. Her attention to the smallest detail of every design, though seemingly tedious to me, put her one step closer to a finished product and a very happy client: two things worth striving.

Row mentioned in our class that I inspire her, though she was unsure if she inspired me. Yes, Row. You inspire me. I've jokingly spoken of your shop as a 'diamond in the rough' because until you walk through the door, you'd never know that beautiful shop was there. Like a rare, exotic flower in the midst of a hay field. It is truly a 'diamond in the rough' because it is such a precious thing. Not because of the cost of equipment or renovations, but because it encapsulates a love, a dream, a passion. You are definitely an inspiration! Thanks.

This week will be a busy one. We have eight special services crammed into 4 days, Thurs-Sun. I will be working my second job on Monday and Wednesday. Eric has another contract and must do some onsite work Thursday. I'm not really expecting to get any great things accomplished this week. However some things are pressing.

This week I will...
  1. Work
  2. Plan meals during Heritage Conference
  3. New budget and bank visit
  4. Pick up a few groceries
  5. Get some white dress shirts for Eric
  6. Set up for chicks, bring home chicks
  7. Read more of You, Inc (Great book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment