Monday, May 17, 2010

Progress Report 19

So this may not be my 19th report, but it is the end of week 19, as far as I can tell. I have been very busy. It feels like I have been spinning my wheels the last few weeks, though; doing a lot but accomplishing little. However, it changes this week. Mandy came up on Friday and we went to a Time Management workshop. It didn't do what I really wanted it to, which was map out my day for me, but it probably did something better. It put things into perspective. I have 24 hours in the day, same as everyone else. It is up to me how it gets split up and used. I need to use the time more effectively; prioritizing for myself and quit the multi- multitasking. I run myself in circles that way and I see that now. I actually started today. I went up to my shop, picked one project out of the many and completed it. I even checked it off my list. :-) That felt good.

Mandy has been working on a possible business venture called the Occasional Housewife. Unexpectedly, I was the recipient of her services. Saturday morning I had to be in Caribou at the crack of dawn. She was left to fend for herself for a little while. She did some light cleaning that I just hadn't been able to get to, but had been weighing on me. What a wonderful feeling to come home and have those things done. I think the Occasional Housewife has a real future! :-)

I feel exceptionally fortunate that I have my sister. In the short time she was here, I was more inspired than I have been in a while. She breathes life into my dreams. Thanks, Mandy.

So, this week:
  1. Deliver completed magnets
  2. B.card design
  3. Vinyl lettered sign
  4. Breast Cancer decals
  5. Fire Dept. Maltese cross design
  6. Read more of the E-Myth
  7. Listen to more of Dave Ramsey
  8. Make a couple more phone calls
  9. Schedule engagement shoot
Phew, that's enough, but I think it is doable with focus and good time management. :-)

1 comment: